things that failed along the way:
- the rufus process to configure usb
- the usb drive itself
- the installation (several times)
- no wifi, had to upgrade kernel + wifi firmware
- once kernel upgraded, too high for nvidia drivers
- incrementally upgrade kernel till a working wifi + nvidia install (several attempts)
- finally main pc working
- libGL.so not found (broken symlink somehow, manual fix)
- xlocale.h not found (manual symlink fix, third party code)
- and probably more I just glossed on
welcome to linux
@_discovery other distros like arch don't make things easier to use, make things like this easier to fix
(BTW every OS is broken, linux at least is the most fixable one)
i've seen a friend using that, it looks very useful that includes ML packages (even tho i'm not studying ML)
at the moment i start from debian netinst and i have some scripts that puts together my enviroment, it is some kind of 1px lines crunchbang (openbox/conky/tint2), anyway i'm thinking about switching back to archlinux
@_discovery fuckin hell
@_discovery you got it! What did you end up doing?
@_discovery what git client is that?
@neauoire github desktop. I prefer snapcraft.io for grabbing apps, here is a post on how https://snapcraft.io/github-desktop BUT the latest version is broken (...). You can download the 2.0.4 release here https://github.com/shiftkey/desktop/issues/163#issuecomment-508461320 and then install manually like this https://github.com/shiftkey/desktop/issues/163#issuecomment-525136235
@neauoire here is setup for snap https://snapcraft.io/docs/installing-snap-on-ubuntu
Merveilles is a community project aimed at the establishment of new ways of speaking, seeing and organizing information — A culture that seeks augmentation through the arts of engineering and design. A warm welcome to any like-minded people who feel these ideals resonate with them.