Follow

Rewrote a subsystem in Ripcord, in-place, swapping out the old system for the new incrementally. Took 4 days. Removed almost 1000 lines of code just from the design being better, gained through experience.

27 files changed, 3284 insertions(+), 4172 deletions(-)

Newer system does everything the old one did, in fewer lines of code, and is faster at runtime, and compiles faster, and generates smaller machine code. The only way I got here was by implementing it 3 times over 3 years. (Original oldest version for Discord, then a much better one for Slack 1 year later, and now the newest one replaces the old Discord one again.)

Show thread
Sign in to participate in the conversation
Merveilles

Revel in the marvels of the universe. We are a collective of forward-thinking individuals who strive to better ourselves and our surroundings through constant creation. We express ourselves through music, art, games, and writing. We also put great value in play. A warm welcome to any like-minded people who feel these ideals resonate with them. Check out our Patreon to see our donations.