Rewrote a subsystem in Ripcord, in-place, swapping out the old system for the new incrementally. Took 4 days. Removed almost 1000 lines of code just from the design being better, gained through experience.

27 files changed, 3284 insertions(+), 4172 deletions(-)

Follow

Newer system does everything the old one did, in fewer lines of code, and is faster at runtime, and compiles faster, and generates smaller machine code. The only way I got here was by implementing it 3 times over 3 years. (Original oldest version for Discord, then a much better one for Slack 1 year later, and now the newest one replaces the old Discord one again.)

Sign in to participate in the conversation
Merveilles

Revel in the marvels of the universe. We are a collective of forward-thinking individuals who strive to better ourselves and our surroundings through constant creation. We express ourselves through music, art, games, and writing. We also put great value in play. A warm welcome to any like-minded people who feel these ideals resonate with them. Check out our Patreon to see our donations.