Principles of UI, A Thread:
1. natural mapping
2. visibility of system state
4. constraints and affordances
5. habits and spatial memory
6. locus of attention
7. no modes
8. fast feedback
9. do not cause harm to a user's data or through inaction allow user data to come to harm
10. prefer undo to confirmation boxes. For actions that can't be undone, force a "cooling off" period of at least 30 seconds.
11. measure using Fitt's, Hick's, GOMS, etc. but always test with real users.
see more results and remove unnecessary elements
I am enjoying the discussion that this question started: https://merveilles.town/@xiroux/106007661734949170
@neauoire just saw on yr wiki that you have a talk scheduled this year for "distortion festival", but it's marked as geneva. do you mean the one in copenhagen? :o
chaotic & unpredictable, in a good way
Merveilles is a community project aimed at the establishment of new ways of speaking, seeing and organizing information — A culture that seeks augmentation through the arts of engineering and design. A warm welcome to any like-minded people who feel these ideals resonate with them.