Follow

I rewrote code.natwelch.com over the weekend. Moved from ruby I wrote in 2011 to Go, and updated the d3 to v6 from v3.

Better viz and a little faster now which is nice.

The real pain though was I also moved from a hand rolled k8s cluster to using Google's new Autopilot GKE k8s cluster, and I ran into so many undocumented hard edges. Part of this caused me to have to rewrite my entire CD pipeline... which still isn't quite done.

But! I did finally write some common Go libraries for me to use, as I saw some consistent problems: github.com/icco/gutil

I also migrated all of my Go apps from Logrus to Zap, which has provided much better logs.

Sign in to participate in the conversation
Merveilles

Revel in the marvels of the universe. We are a collective of forward-thinking individuals who strive to better ourselves and our surroundings through constant creation. We express ourselves through music, art, games, and writing. We also put great value in play. A warm welcome to any like-minded people who feel these ideals resonate with them.