Feeling in dire need of more chaotic music making. Thinking about setting up Orca on my mostly unused Pi to control my hardware gear.
I believe I already tried this long ago and miserably failed, but I can't remember what happened precisely. Probably something about MIDI output I couldn't figure out.
So far I've:
- Found my Pi 4 in my unsufferable mess of cables and forgotten treasures
- Also found the keyboard, the mouse, the screen and my old MIDI adapter (which is bigger than the Pi)
- Booted it but everything looked kind of broken and slow
- Burnt and installed the latest DietPi version
- Managed to set up a working Wi-Fi connection
- Installed LXDE and Firefox
It seems to boot just fine. I'm now about to setup the terminal version of Orca and see what happens.
OMG it just worked :) I had to mess a bit with the command line and figure out the dependencies, but I have a basic beat playing on the Rytm.
For some reason I have no grid displayed in my terminal. It's here, but not visible unless I select it with the mouse. I guess I should maybe install something fancier than the LXDE terminal? What would work best for Orca?
Revel in the marvels of the universe. We are a collective of forward-thinking individuals who strive to better ourselves and our surroundings through constant creation. We express ourselves through music, art, games, and writing. We also put great value in play. A warm welcome to any like-minded people who feel these ideals resonate with them.