Does somebody know a simple "get your shit together" method to sort a dozen of parallel personal projects by priority in order to actually finish something instead of procrastinating or starting something new? Asking for a friend.

Here's a single pattern with a bunch of dirty live tweaks. I thought it was 30 seconds long but I had so much fun it's over 3 minutes.

It's messy and absolutely not the direction I thought I was going to, but I'm seeing some kind of aesthetics emerge, and I'm starting to like getting lost.

Show thread

I won't do this year because I want to take my time, was enough. I'll still probably post a few updates regarding my sonic explorations.

It's been ages since I've got lost in sound for 2 hours straight. I enjoy this so much I might actually manage to finish a track.

I'm having a massive blast with the OP-Z. It's oceans of pure love packed in a TV remote.

Show thread

Me: let's make some hopeless dark night of the soul acid techno
Me: turns knobs, proceeds to head bang mindlessly for 3 hours
Me: oops, I made some warm melancholic soothing ambient dub with chill beats

Adding sitelen sitelen glyphs support to my dictionary. I'll probably end up embedding the SVG files directly into the main file and tweak the hell out of them for better styling control.

My small forum now uses the linja pona font, which allows compound glyphs and other cool stuff. My first choice was Jack Humbert's sitelen pona pona, which I still find more aesthetically pleasing, but linja pona is simply more functional.

tokipona.lectronice.com/d/16-s

Apparently I’ve started to work on a learning tool. The idea is to provide alternate vocabulary and translations exercises in parallel with each official lesson (and possibly for other popular courses as well.)

The cool thing is that I have to study again every lesson in great detail and to learn how to code the tool properly. And that it will be useful not only to me, but to anyone interested in the language.

The new version of my dictionary is live, with a few tweaks and ten unofficial words: pimeja.lectronice.com

Code and more detailed information are available on sourcehut: git.sr.ht/~lectronice/pimeja

The upcoming update to my dictionary will include 10 unofficial words. The most popular ones, as far as I can tell, since they're part of the linja pona glyph font.

Speaking of which, I've decided to use only this font and ditch sitelen pona pona. While I find the latter more visually pleasing, it's heavily stylized and not really beginner-friendly.

Unofficial words are filtered with the "non-pu" button, and bear a light strikethrough line. More may come in the future.

I’ve started to write down game design notes in with the silly idea of later making a game using exclusively Toki Pona.

So far it makes an interesting challenge and an excellent exercise, since game design tends to be something involving both complexity and precision while aiming at simplicity.

I might publish these notes at some point, I’ve always wanted to document a game design process. But I have other projects to finish first, of course...

HTML glyphs export is in the works for Opuscule. Too bad can't handle font ligatures properly, it would have allowed me to display glyphs in real time while typing...

My new aesthetics: slapping a Toki Pona font over English text with a synthwave palette.

I'm diving into old code from Opuscule, my pseudo text editor that is also a basic website generator and some kind of note-taking and writing tool, and it's a bottomless abyss of programming suckitude.

But a few people are finding it useful, and while banging my head against 's logic is painful, it's also very rewarding. There's nothing like using your own tool and shaping it the way you want it.

I might include some features in an upcoming release...

That feeling when, after not touching your project for one week, you manage to spot and fix almost instantly the bug which was driving you batshit crazy.

I have a new personal website. It's a "now" page I intend to update monthly, so... it's also a kind of blog. Daily time tracking feels more like a chore than actually useful at this point, and I have no time for a full blog. It feels optimal for my needs.

I tried to go the minimal way. Simple HTML, no JS, no web font, SVG images, classless CSS.

now.lectronice.com

Small update to my dictionary: alternate/older words are now displayed in alphabetical filters, and number definitions show the difference between simple and complex counting systems.

pimeja.lectronice.com/

Here comes the third version of my English & French dictionary: pimeja.lectronice.com

It's one tenth of its original size (and probably ten times faster) because I got rid of all JavaScript. Features are identical, but it's now HTML and CSS only. I've also decided to give a try to sourcehut, follow the link in the footer for more details.

I can't believe I'm actually thinking about making my own conlang. It's way too early for that. But... I can clearly see how it would fit with another ancient project of mine, like the new piece, and possibly the last, of a very old puzzle.

I should be able to trim down my dictionary from 520 KB to 20 KB (and make it run way waster) by getting rid of Twine and most JavaScript. I could even make it work with HTML and CSS only if I removed theme support. Quite the improvement.

I've updated my dictionary. It now features a collapsible menu, 100 Rabbits theme support, the alternate linja pona glyph font, buttons to toggle glyphs, words and definition on or off, and various other improvements.

Try it here: pimeja.lectronice.com

Show more
Merveilles

Merveilles is a community project aimed at the establishment of new ways of speaking, seeing and organizing information — A culture that seeks augmentation through the arts of engineering and design. A warm welcome to any like-minded people who feel these ideals resonate with them.