A Raspberry Pi internet radio receiver, that allows you to browse and play more than 2000 online radio stations using the analog controllers of an old radio.
This thing is called a 5D optical data storage crystal. It's a little piece of fused quartz, etched to remarkable precision using a femtosecond ultraviolet laser.
The "5D" part of the name is just a marketing gimmick (it only has three dimensions, obviously), but it's impressive anyway. Using current technology, these little things can store 360 terabytes of data. Once written, these crystals can survive temperatures up to 1000°C, and could theoretically last for billions of years.
“Don’t draw the UI, draw the priority” http://robinrendle.com/notes/dont-draw-the-ui-draw-the-priority.html
Wrote about Solarsails - our solarpunk themecamp.
Bamboo, repurposed junk, solar panels and optimism.
@neauoire relevant to interests? https://cdm.link/2020/09/arcologies-is-wonderfully-archaic-music-art-for-monome-norns/
Finally picked up my Merv letter and stickers. Thanks @somnius , so nice.
Gathering notes and resources on low-bandwidth and low-energy websites. Will append to it as I find more information.
I have been following many of the larger web decentralization projects and I wanted to write down what Web 3.0 might look like.
Putting together my thoughts here without referring to specific underlying technologies. All the tech exists for what I write here, or it is coming online very shortly:
Wallets are going to be coming after the entire internet. They are the new browsers. The wallet wars will soon commence.
@neauoire @dokoissho idk what you mean by obvious so i'll just list some stuff
* this chart of activitypub projects by @lidia_p & friends is an ace overview https://gitlab.com/lidia_p/fediversetransmediale2020/raw/master/artemisbolidia_fediposter.png
* ssb's ecosystem of projects https://ssb.nz
* dat's ecosystem of projects https://dat.foundation/explore/projects/
* bbs the documentary is old school, long, and interesting https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nO5vjmDFZaI
* fidonet https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FidoNet
* webtorrent https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxHRATfvnlw
Merveilles is a community project aimed at the establishment of new ways of speaking, seeing and organizing information — A culture that seeks augmentation through the arts of engineering and design. A warm welcome to any like-minded people who feel these ideals resonate with them.