Here's a fun little simulation
@kyle debugging workflow in order of value for time spent:
- did I write what I thought I wrote? (2m)
- is the input to this code what I think it is? (5m)
- do the functions I call do what I think they do? (15m)
- is my algorithm complete? correct? (1hr)
- configuration issue? (hrs)
- is there a bug in a library? (days)
Instead of banging my head against a wall over a really tough bug in a system I know nothing about, instead I find this works a lot better
1. Go make yourself a cup of tea
3. Write down everything you know about the issue
4. Close the gaps of in your understanding until you find the issue
5. Still didn't figure it out? Ask someone for help
@glyph Welcome! I'm curious to hear what kind of permaculture you've been doing?
Revel in the marvels of the universe. We are a collective of forward-thinking individuals who strive to better ourselves and our surroundings through constant creation. We express ourselves through music, art, games, and writing. We also put great value in play. A warm welcome to any like-minded people who feel these ideals resonate with them. Check out our Patreon to see our donations.