Over the past few days I've been doing a whole lot of nothing, and it has been pretty refreshing.
I've sunk 20-odd hours into Assassin's Creed Odyssey and have been having a blast playing it. Single player games usually can't hold my attention very well, but I've just been absolutely engrossed with Odyssey.
I've also been spending a lot of time with my fiancée as we finish putting the final touches on our wedding, which is fast approaching.
I return to work tomorrow, but the next two weeks are going to feel a little weird, with this week being short due to the new year and next week being short due to my wedding.
Things won't truly return to normal until the 21st, at which point I can really hunker down to get some real work done.
In this limbo-esque period of time I'll be thinking about what I want to tackle in terms of personal projects this year.
The foremost project will be my time tracking infrastructure. With Ledge I now have a good way of tracking my time, and once data starts accumulating I'll need a way to visualize and make inferences based on that data.
I might totally steal the visualizations from @joshavanier's log 😉
It was actually part of a list he made of ten things that I think is in good company here at merveilles.
- Steal like an artist.
- Don’t wait until you know who you are to get started.
- Write the book you want to read.
- Use your hands.
- Side projects and hobbies are important.
- The secret: do good work and share it with people.
- Geography is no longer our master.
- Be nice. (The world is a small town.)
- Be boring. (It’s the only way to get work done.)
- Creativity is subtraction.
Revel in the marvels of the universe.