Over the past few days I've been doing a whole lot of nothing, and it has been pretty refreshing.
I've sunk 20-odd hours into Assassin's Creed Odyssey and have been having a blast playing it. Single player games usually can't hold my attention very well, but I've just been absolutely engrossed with Odyssey.
I've also been spending a lot of time with my fiancée as we finish putting the final touches on our wedding, which is fast approaching.
In this limbo-esque period of time I'll be thinking about what I want to tackle in terms of personal projects this year.
The foremost project will be my time tracking infrastructure. With Ledge I now have a good way of tracking my time, and once data starts accumulating I'll need a way to visualize and make inferences based on that data.
I might totally steal the visualizations from @joshavanier's log 😉
It was actually part of a list he made of ten things that I think is in good company here at merveilles.
- Steal like an artist.
- Don’t wait until you know who you are to get started.
- Write the book you want to read.
- Use your hands.
- Side projects and hobbies are important.
- The secret: do good work and share it with people.
- Geography is no longer our master.
- Be nice. (The world is a small town.)
- Be boring. (It’s the only way to get work done.)
- Creativity is subtraction.
Revel in the marvels of the universe.