Is there a way to generate passwords that:
* can be generated with the same result, given a reasonable amount of time, by a human with pen and paper,
* is easy enough to remember the formula if no access to hashing functions,
* and has enough entropy to reasonably resist brute force attacks
Remembered somebody who lost access to all their accounts after losing their entry to their pw manager, and saw this repo (https://github.com/lesspass/lesspass) to generate passwords without storage and was wondering about going one step further to remove the computer altogether.
After looking into it and remembering the golden rule that "one does not simply roll their own auth or crypto", I think Lesspass is about as close to removing corporate/dangerous dependencies as one can get in that sphere.
* Vetted by people who actually know what they are doing
* Open source, free
* Available on any platform that has internet (but the passwords I need to save are largely internet accounts, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ )
Revel in the marvels of the universe. We are a collective of forward-thinking individuals who strive to better ourselves and our surroundings through constant creation. We express ourselves through music, art, games, and writing. We also put great value in play. A warm welcome to any like-minded people who feel these ideals resonate with them.