Surveillance capitalism is the same as climate change, but for data:
- Some people have been warning about its consequences for years
- Most people don't care because they don't feel concerned, they can't see it affecting them
- A few companies are making a lot of damage with the help of governments
- When we will face the consequences it will be too late
- We can still do something about it, and the sooner the better
“Free users for sure we don’t want to give that [end-to-end encryption] because we also want to work together with FBI, with local law enforcement in case some people use Zoom for a bad purpose” - Eric Yuan, CEO.
The German corona app will be open source, but apparently it will be GSF-dependent.
I love the grunge-like sound
Merveilles, I'm sorry if I disappoint you, but I won't move over to git.sr.ht 😕
I do not want to be dependent on music streaming services like Spotify. I do not want to be dependent from platforms like iTunes. I wish I could buy the music as files like I am able on Bandcamp - but so few artists I listen to actually sell their music on Bandcamp.
Major music labels are full of crap 👌
Carpe diem. Ⓥ.
Merveilles is a community project aimed at the establishment of new ways of speaking, seeing and organizing information — A culture that seeks augmentation through the arts of engineering and design. A warm welcome to any like-minded people who feel these ideals resonate with them.