been working on game for a few days now, there's still a lot to do but i'm pretty happy with what i've done so far.
* reliable collision system
* rle compressed level loading
* basic physics
still needs doing:
* add enemies and other non-player objects
* add a bunch of different tiles with different effects
* more abilities for the player to use
* level design
* replace placeholder graphics
* speedrun timer
* other things i'm sure
@tebicat wow! the Rockman-style scene change is nice 👀
- a shorter way to `#10 SFT` is `DUP ADD`
- Instead of `#00 STH`, you can create it directly in the stash with `LITr 00`
@neauoire yeah. so far i haven't needed the extra space, and i wasn't sure if the assembler would yell at me for backtracking.
@neauoire the room transitions are what took most of the dev time so far. making something that works in all 4 directions despite the somewhat odd coordinate system i'm using wasn't easy, and could definitely be done more compactly, but i'm quite happy with how it looks.
and there's certainly a lot of room left for optimization, thought i've done a fair bit already.
Revel in the marvels of the universe. We are a collective of forward-thinking individuals who strive to better ourselves and our surroundings through constant creation. We express ourselves through music, art, games, and writing. We also put great value in play. A warm welcome to any like-minded people who feel these ideals resonate with them.